The following details have been provided from Basketball Victoria.
All sports across Victoria are experiencing this, and as such we have been in regular contact with the relevant sporting bodies, as we work through the best way to manage this situation for our participants, while carefully managing the financial situation of our sport.
As you would be aware, in addition to competition management and insurance, individual participant fees (the Basketball Victoria Licence) cover a range of essential services and programs which we are and will continue to deliver.
Many of the ‘winter’ sports remain optimistic that there will be some form of competition during 2020 and we’re planning different scenarios for what grass-roots competitions will be once the restrictions are relaxed or lifted.
As we have an expectation that there will be some form of competition this year, and because there has been significant investment to ensure that we are ready for the resumption in 2020, we will be providing extensions on the 365-Day Basketball Victoria Licence (a one-off, annual payment – allowing any participant to play as many times as they want, wherever they want across Victoria).
Basketball Victoria will amend each eligible participant’s expiry date within our competition management and registration system (PlayHQ) to credit the period of affiliation unusable during the COVID-19 interruption. This credit will be applied from the date of resumption, as stipulated by Basketball Victoria. Participants will be eligible if any part of their 365-day membership was affected by the COVID-19 interruption.
However, as always, we will consider requests for individual refunds to those participants who are experiencing extreme hardship at any time.
The process/conditions for refund are as follows:
• Refund requests need to come through the association (as per the correct communication channel) email email@example.com
• A valid reason needs to be provided (i.e. financial hardship)
• BV needs confirmation in writing that the association and/or club has refunded any fees that were paid to them before BV considers the request for refund of the BV licence fee
• The player needs to have played fewer than 3 games
• Bank details provided for an approved refund to be processed