MSDBA (Spartans) are delighted to invite you to register for the upcoming 2021 Summer season of mid-week basketball which will be for 9/10 rounds plus Grand finals. We will then revert back to a full Winter season from April to September.
There are several changes regarding how we will operate (see key points below), and we will communicate details of our COVIDSafe Plan to all teams prior to commencement of games.
Summer season details:
- Commencement: – Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th January
- Tuesday 10 rounds – note: no games on Tues 26th Jan (Aust Day)
- Wednesday 11 rounds
- Top 2 teams will play off in Grand finals on 30th & 31st March
Winter 2020 Registration Credit
All teams who registered for the 2020 Winter season will be given full credit for this season’s registration, a voucher code is available below and must be applied during the last step of the registration process. Teams with any additional credit will be contacted after the 6th January.
- Register via PlayHQ – click here
- Existing teams: copy the unique voucher code emailed to the team contact and apply during the final registration step –
- Priority will be given to those who registered first, so get in quickly!
- Invite teammates to register via the PlayHQ link emailed to you after your successful team registration
- Ensure all players are registered before they attend the venue, this will assist with contract tracing, insurance coverage and allow you to be listed on the scoring tablets
Cost to Play:
Along with Melbourne Basketball one of the major changes to our administration is that there will be a major reduction in cash handling and interaction with staff at the entrance as we convert to a single payment score sheet fee.
The team sheet fee will be $77.50 on Tuesdays where we will continue to provide a scorer for that extra level of service and $70.00 on Wednesdays.
MSDBA has a new partnership with Teammo and many Associations, including ours, will utilise these systems to remove the need to handle cash, allow players to split game fees between those who played and submit walkovers online. Further instructions will be sent to all players prior to the commencement of the season.
Further communications will be sent to all teams in the next few weeks.
The Spartans team is excited to announce the return of our premier mid-week basketball competitions – we have been working very hard in the background for the past 9 months, adjusting our planning as COVID-19 changed and changed again. We hope you are equally as pleased as us at the thought of getting back to shooting some serious hoops.
If you have any questions, please just ask us – email: email@example.com